2002 Nov 07 18:44

[vox-tech] [xwing145@hotmail.com: Help - Linux won't boot]

this person isn't on the lists, so you might want to cc him.

pete

----- Forwarded message from "Michael J." <xwing145@hotmail.com> -----

From: "Michael J." <xwing145@hotmail.com>
To: root@lugod.org
Subject: Help - Linux won't boot
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:08:17 +0000

Hello Davis Linux users,

 I have a problem regarding Linux freezing during its boot.

 Eariler this month I installed Linux Mandrake 9.0.  The installation went
very well, however when I restarted my computer to boot into Linux for the
first time, it froze right after the following line of text was printed to
the screen: "INIT: version 2.83 booting".  It has frozen at this line
everytime.

 I recently then installed Linux Red Hat 8.0.  It's installation process
completed very well also.  But, again during its boot, it freezes at "INIT:
version 2.84 booting".

 I am running a Gateway:
 750 AMD Athlon
 128 MB RAM

 I'm not a member of your club, but if you have any ideas on how to remedy
this problem, please email me.  Thank you.

thanks,
Michael Jew
xwing145@hotmail.com

----- End forwarded message -----