2002 Nov 01 16:58

Re: [vox-tech] is this a job for Xlib?

Quoting Matt Holland (mdholland@ucdavis.edu):

> Can you comment on how much of a pain it would be to learn enough Xlib
> to do this?

I know it's _really_ glib to say this, but:  Someone who has a problem
and tries to solve it using Xlib calls now has _two_ problems.

(Sorry I don't have substantive help to offer, but I just wanted to warn
you that working with Xlib is infamously troublesome.  Thus the
popularity of, at first, Motif and Athena, and more recently GTK+ and Qt.)