2002 Oct 21 21:49

Re: [vox-tech] gnus not behaving

If you're off campus, you need to authorize yourself via HTTP on
news.ucdavis.edu first. Beats me why they do it this way, but I have a
simple script. (Requires the lynx-ssl package on debian from non-us)

#! /bin/tcsh

# this next line is more elegant but debian's lynx-ssl has a bug that keeps -auth from working with -source
#lynx -source -auth=username:password "https://secureweb.ucdavis.edu:443/cgi-auth/sendback?http://email.ucdavis.edu/news/news-succeed.html"; > /dev/null

echo qy| lynx "https://secureweb.ucdavis.edu:443/cgi-auth/sendback?http://email.ucdavis.edu/news/news-succeed.html"; -force_secure -accept_all_cookies -auth="username:password" > /dev/null
#    ^^q quits, and y answers yes to the confirmation message