2002 Oct 20 18:39

Re: [vox-tech] gnus not behaving

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 04:09:25PM -0700, Issac Trotts wrote:
> Has anyone had success setting up the emacs news
> reader gnus?  I ran through a tutorial on it but
> gnus only shows
>
>   *: nndraft:drafts
>
> Here's my .gnus file:
>
>   ; -*- emacs-lisp -*-
>
>   (setq user-mail-address "ijtrotts@ucdavis.edu")
>   (setq user-full-name "Issac Trotts")
>   (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.ucdavis.edu"))
>   (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
>   (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
>   (setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "scarlet.ucdavis.edu")
>
> Issac

How do you know it's not working? Do you get an error message? Or have
you simply not subscribed to a newsgroup?

Subscribe to a newsgroup by typing "U" and then entering the
newsgroup's name: or, get the full newsgroup listing from your server
by typing "A A", and when you have the cursor over a candidate, type
"u" (lower-case). These are all menu options, too BTW.

If you aren't using Emacs in X, you can access the menu options with
"M-~".

HTH,
Micah