2002 Oct 21 17:29

[vox-tech] gnus not behaving

Has anyone had success setting up the emacs news
reader gnus?  I ran through a tutorial on it but
gnus only shows

  *: nndraft:drafts

Here's my .gnus file:

  ; -*- emacs-lisp -*-

  (setq user-mail-address "ijtrotts@ucdavis.edu")
  (setq user-full-name "Issac Trotts")
  (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.ucdavis.edu"))
  (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
  (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
  (setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "scarlet.ucdavis.edu")

Issac