2002 Oct 14 17:09

Re: [vox-tech] mail problem

I'm using RH 7.3.  My file directory structure and permissions are the
same as Samuel's, except that I don't have the "T" option set.  Before I
set it, though, I'd like to confirm that this is the "sticky bit".  In
my book, Linux in a Nutshell, the sticky bit is represented by a "t".

Also, my var/spool/postfix directory is owned by root/root.  Its
permissions are drwxr_xr_x.  I wonder whether the owner is OK.

I made some other changes and the nature of the problem has changed.

I'm now sending mail, but not as I want to.  For testing purposes, I
want to send the email to myself.  When I sent mail to
alan.lake@lakeinfoworks.com, I got a "user unknown" error.  When I sent
mail to alan@lakeinfoworks.com, the attempt was technically successful.
However, my intent was to send via the internet to my web host and
receive the mail with my Evolution client.  Instead, I was only able to
get the email by opening a terminal window and typing "mail" at the
command line while logged in as user "alan".

In /etc/postfix/main.cf, I've got a good relayhost...