2002 Oct 14 11:23

[vox-tech] Re: Hello

arda,

i don't think inittab is the right thing here.

i'm not sure what the right answer is, but you can try to put this in
your .xinitrc:

exec /usr/X11R6/bin/twm
exec xterm -e opera

however, i think the problem here might be that twm doesn't return
(until it finishes), so the next line won't get executed.  come to think
of it, try this if the above doesn't work:

exec /usr/X11R6/bin/twm &
exec xterm -e opera

i like running programs from within an xterm so i can see error
messages they produce.

i'm pretty sure that you want to look at the documentation for your
window manager.  there's prolly a config file that loads things up when
the wm starts.  like the icon box in enlightenment or the googly eyes
that fvwm often has.

someone there will know.  in the meantime, i've forwarded your email to
that list.

pete

begin Arda Ulas Unlu <ardaulas@yahoo.com>