2002 Oct 14 11:44

Re: [vox-tech] mail problem

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 05:17:56PM -0700, Alan H. Lake wrote:
> I'm trying to send mail from PHP and am getting the message (in
> /var/log/maillog)
>
> Oct 12 17:15:35 ontario postfix/postdrop[3588]: warning:
> mail_queue_enter: create file maildrop/262682.3588: Permission denied
>
> Do you have any idea what to do about that?

It sounds to me like the permissions or the ownership on
/var/spool/postfix/maildrop (or wherever it is on your distribution) are
wrong.

On my mail server (Debian 3.0), we have:

drwx-wx--T    2 postfix  postdrop       35 Oct 13 06:47 /var/spool/postfix/maildrop

The directory has to be writable by group postdrop, since the postdrop
process runs as gid postdrop (or the user chosen at compile time).

--
Samuel Merritt