2002 Oct 10 08:47

Re: [vox-tech] errno upon success (a real success)?

Re: [vox-tech] errno upon success (a real success)?

begin Micah J. Cowan <micah@cowan.name>
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 03:15:46PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > does anyone know of an example where errno is set upon success that may
> > not be as much of a stretch as taking the square root of infinity?
>
> I'm pretty sure there are no such cases in C proper; dunno about
> POSIX.

oi, i should know this by now.  sorry to have to ask, but what exactly
is the difference between C proper and POSIX?  and where does ISO and
ANSI fit in?

if you can give me an url that you like that explains this, that would
be just as good.  :)

pete