2002 Oct 04 13:19

Re: [vox-tech] What's in RedHat 8.0

> i figured all that stuff out by playing with suse.

Yeah, SuSE's a bit cleaner.  And you can lean on rc.config until you're
ready to take a hand in the system more directly.

> i'll respect khendon's law, but fwiw, if i were to name people that i
> expected to disagree with me about these topics, you and rod would
> definitely be in that list.  :)

I'll be perverse, then, and say it needn't matter what you start with.
;->  I'd rather get across the point to newcomers that they should
consider it worth their while to try several setups, one at a time.
I'll gladly help people install anything but LindowsOS[1].  All I ask is
that they take notes, and consider re-doing everything by themselves,
within a couple of weeks.

I approve of the Khendon's Law rule.  Oh, and for optimal effect:
I approve of the Khendon's Law rule.

<ducking and running>

[1] http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#distro

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature  to help me spread.
Hi!p I'm a .signature spread virus! Copy into your ~/.signature to help me