2002 Oct 04 15:14

[vox-tech] gpg -- how to remove an expired signature?

[vox-tech] gpg -- how to remove an expired signature?

i can't figure this one out.

1. someone signed my key, but their own public key expired.
2. they got a new key and signed my key with it.
3. i imported their new signature.

since their old key is expired, i removed it from my keyring, expecting
that their old signature would be removed from my key.

in other words, both their expired and non-expired signature is still on
my key, even though i removed their expired key from my keyring.

the expired key is 58D7BA3C.

   p@satan% gpg --list-sigs p@dirac.org

   pub  1024D/67EA951D 2000-12-08 Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>
   sig 3       67EA951D 2000-12-08   Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>
   sig         58D7BA3C 2000-12-12   [User id not found]
   sig 3       074A81E6 2002-07-23   dugan (ME) <dugan@passwall.com>
   sig         DF61615F 2001-12-13   Matt Roper (Main) <matt@mattrope.com>
   sig         72177BC7 2002-07-25   Ryan Castellucci <ryan@mother.com>
   sig 2       DF04A255 2002-09-17   Dmitriy Ivanov (ace22b) <ace22b@yahoo.com>
   sig 3       601519C2 2002-10-02   Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com>
   sub  2048g/BA20F792 2000-12-08
   sig         67EA951D 2000-12-08   Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>

   p@satan% gpg --edit-key p@dirac.org

   Secret key is available.

   pub  1024D/67EA951D  created: 2000-12-08 expires: never      trust: u/u
   sub  2048g/BA20F792  created: 2000-12-08 expires: never
   (1). Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>

   Command> delsig 58D7BA3C
   You must select at least one user ID.

how do i delete the signature of the expired key?

pete