2002 Oct 04 10:03

RE: [vox-tech] What's in RedHat 8.0

Actaully, I use the down load version. It takes longer
(the servers will be busy for a week or two), but it's
free. The only draw back is lack of RedHat tech
support. If you want that, I'd have to say look at how
much support you want. The personal edition has 30
days support and the pro has 60. The other major
difference I see between the two, is the Office and
Multimedia Applications CD. It has stuff that you can
get off the web or buy seperatly.

So, if you can live without RedHat's support, down
load and burn the ISO files. Otherwise, look at
RedHat's page to see the differences:

http://www.redhat.com/software/linux/

Unfortunaly they don't have a handy table, you have
read the side bars on the pages for versions.

So, good luck and happy Linuxing!

Marc