2002 Oct 03 19:02

Re: [vox-tech] help with script

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 12:14:51PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> > While looking up "script" I came across "replay". It allows you to play
> > back "script" files (must have same terminal or results aren't
> > guaranteed) with key timings.
>
> "key timings"? those aren't stored in the file by *my* script...

This might only apply to Debian. The "-t" option outputs timing data to
standard error. You would do something like:

script -t 2> my_timing_file

and to play it back:

replay my_timing_file

You can specify a specific script file otherwise it uses the default
"typescript".

> As for viewing, what's wrong with cat or less -r?

I tried that and strings and a few other things. Cat spews out gibberish
as does less. The gibberish isn't interpretted.