January 6: Social gathering
2002 Oct 04 08:59

Re: [vox-tech] help with script

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 02:24:04PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> or perhaps using procmail:
>
> :0 H:
> * ^Subject:.*[Pp]hys.*105[aA][lL].*
> | mikes_script.pl | 105
>
> i don't know if you can have two pipes on a procmail action line.  guess
> i'll have to fiddle around to find the most convenient way of doing
> this.

I don't know. Let me know if you can.

I've been playing around with procmail a lot lately to cut down on spam.
To do what you want you might want to add the "f" and "h" flags. Kinda
like:

:0fhw

The "f" makes procmail consider the pipe as a filter. The "w" makes
procmail wait for the program/filter to finish.