2002 Sep 26 15:28

Re: [vox-tech] How to apply procmail filters to existing mailbox?

Re: [vox-tech] How to apply procmail filters to existing mailbox?

> > Can anyone tell me how to apply my existing .procmailrc to my existing
> > /var/mail/graham inbox file?

One way is to use the "-m" option for procmail.

I tried it and it works. I suggest reading the man page first and
backing up, making copies, etc before trying it.

You would use it like:

cat /var/mail/graham | procmail -m procmail_rc_file

Be careful of your directories and file names that are in the
procmail_rc_file. You could get email placed where you don't want it.