2002 Sep 26 11:06

Re: [vox-tech] emailing an attachment

Here is the command line to email an attached file.

mail -s 'subject line' youraddress@domain.com < attachment

Here is how I use this technique to get my IP address.

<code>
#! /bin/sh

# my ip address file
lynx -dump ipchicken.com |grep 6 > messagefile.txt
mail -s 'Your IP' awerg@yahoo.com < messagefile.txt
rm -f messagefile.txt

</code>

-- Andy