2002 Sep 25 01:56

Re: [vox-tech] floppy woes

I'd think the problem is a broken-off tab sensor (just a piece of metal...
it'd be relatively easy to break it off) except Alexandra said the problem
doesn't occur under Windows.

Maybe what she meant was that the *floppy* doesn't have problems under
Windows, which could mean she tried it under a different computer, which
would mean the floppy drive could indeed have a broken tab sensor.  I find
this very likely...

-Hark! It's Mark!

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> begin Alexandra Thorn <amthorn@ucdavis.edu>
> >
> > For the record, it wasn't the lock-unlock tab (tried doing it with the
> > tab in both positions before my original post).  Still haven't tried the
> > other suggestion (need to get into campus for that).  What surprises me is
> > that more people haven't seen this before.
>
> i think what surprises everyone else is that you ARE seeing this.

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.