2002 Sep 18 00:38

Re: [vox-tech] Printouts cliped, how to fix?

Re: [vox-tech] Printouts cliped, how to fix?

begin Ryan <ryan@mother.com>

> On Tuesday 17 September 2002 11:56 pm, Ryan wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 September 2002 11:52 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > ryan,
> > >
> > > what happens when you send text to the raw device?
> >
> > loads a page, doesn't print anything.
>
> for 10 minutes....

i can't imagine printing being any faster by accessing the raw device;
you've bypassed the spooler.  something wierd is happening.

does messages say anything wierd about parport driver?

> then it printed without mucking up the edges.

ok, this is what i thought it would do.

grasping at straws...

maybe you can rig up an input filter to make a copy of the job once it's
spooled.  queue the job with lpr and compare the post spooled version
with the original job.  prolly a fruitless endeavour, but all i can come
up with.

are you using cups or lprng?  i've never used either one.  maybe they do
some filtering not explicitly mentioned in printcap?

pete