2002 Sep 17 16:57

Re: [vox-tech] Newbie: On building a Linux box

Re: [vox-tech] Newbie: On building a Linux box

I did not understand about half of what Karsten said, but I am going to go
through the message until I do understand it all.

It was suggested that I take everything out of the box that is not needed to
buing up the basic Linux OS; I did, and it began to install. I tried to put
it on a 6.4GB hard disk, but it only recognizes 2GB. I am removing that hard
disk and putting in the 41GB disk to try it.

The problem I had appears to have been the NEC-ZIP-100. It seemed to be
trying to identify the ZIP drive as hdb, and kept loosing the interrupt.

It looks like I will not be building another box now, but all this info
looks useful when I do build my next one.

It's good to know someone is there to help when I run into problems.
Thanks
Bill Raiford
raiford@cwnet.com