2002 Sep 17 14:36

Re: [vox-tech] The Strange Case of JDK

Quoting Christopher McKenzie (cjmckenzie@ucdavis.edu):

> I'm trying to compile JDK13 on FreeBSD natively (OpenOffice 1.0/FreeBSD
> will have it no other way!)

You know, there might be a different way around the problem:  The Debian
Project painstakingly removed the Java crud from OpenOffice.org for
their packaging of the latter.  You might be able to benefit from their
work, and either compile a FreeBSD binary from their modified tarball or
just run their Linux ELF binary (assuming you're on x86 FreeBSD).

http://linux-debian.de/openoffice/

--
Cheers,                       "Normal?  Normal is a setting on my dryer."
Rick Moen                -- heard at BayCon 2001, http://www.baycon.org/