2002 Sep 16 23:01

Re: router/server project ([vox-tech] Newbie DSL router question)

Re: router/server project ([vox-tech] Newbie DSL router question)

I did that about 3 years ago for a nonprofit in Arizona (my
wife also works in the nonprofit world), so could probably
help if you get stuck on something.  Basically you need to
allocate a couple of days to study up on PPP, Samba, IP
Masq, etc.

Also you'll probably want to find a way to make it dial up
by remote control, to do offsite maintenance when nobody is
there.  See http://sunsetsystems.com/tip-dial.php3 for my
solution to that problem.

Cheers,

-- Rod