2002 Sep 16 10:45

Re: [vox-tech] patch question

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 05:10:45PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> hola,
>
> is there an application that will patch a file using diff, but will:
>
> 0. show the next hunk
> 1. show old and replacement text (with context)
> 2. ask if you want to accept the change
> 3. either patch the file or toss the hunk
> 4. repeat for each hunk
>
> i'd prefer something ncurses based so i don't have to start X to use the
> application.

TkDiff does almost what you want. It requires X and works on the two starting
files using its own internal diff workalike, not the starting file and the
diff, but otherwise is exactly what you want. Obviously one could make a
wrapper script to patch a copy of the starting file and invoke tkdiff
thereon.

TkDiff is in Debian.

--
Henry House