2002 Sep 16 08:28

Re: [vox-tech] Newbie: On building a Linux box

Re: [vox-tech] Newbie: On building a Linux box

Red Hat does not seem to be dealing well with this chipset, and it is not
listed in their compatibility list:
  Processor: Type: Pentium III  Speed: 933 MHz Mfg: Intel
  Motherboard: CUV4X-E  Make: Asus
    Chip Set: North Bridge Chip Set PCI to ISA Bridge
                VIA VT82C694X 133/100/66MHz RAM
              South Bridge Chip Set PCI Super I/O
                VIA VT82C686B Ultra DMA and USB

The hard disk that doesn't work is:
    Disk: 0 (Pri Master)
      Type: ATA/IDE   Size: IBM Deskstar Model: DTLA-305040 (41.1GB)

One other problem is that I do not know understand the "error" messages, but
it will not allow me to fdisk the hard disk.