2002 Sep 15 21:50

[vox-tech] Newbie DSL router question

I am relatively new to Linux (3 years off and on, 4 months exclusively)
and would lie to set up a network at my house between three computers.
My computer is running Mandrake 8.2 while my 22 year old daughter has a
Win98 laptop and my 19 year old has a win98 desktop.  I am using SBC DSL
using ethernet cards. I definitely want to share the DSL, but would also
like to share at least the printer and maybe file sharing.
My question is this:  what is the best way to go about this?  Do I use a
router with printer port or Linux's networking software?  Or both?

Also I recently bought an Olympus D380 digital camera with a built in
USB connection.  How do I access the camera through Linux?  The camera
uses SmartMedia, so perhaps a card reader is in order.

Thanks in Advance
Dick