2002 Sep 16 10:15

[vox-tech] patch question

hola,

is there an application that will patch a file using diff, but will:

0. show the next hunk
1. show old and replacement text (with context)
2. ask if you want to accept the change
3. either patch the file or toss the hunk
4. repeat for each hunk

i'd prefer something ncurses based so i don't have to start X to use the
application.

seems like such a thing should exist since looking at raw diffs gets
hard on the eyes for lots of small changes.  it would be nice to patch
on a hunk-by-hunk bases.

freshmeat didn't turn up anything.

pete