2002 Sep 10 20:01

Re: [vox-tech] gdb question: rbreak

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 04:19:18PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i don't currently have libc-dbg (and in fact, never had it installed).
>
> having gdb mention anything about libc functions is a big nuissance.
> what do you suggest i do to make rbreak ignore libc function?

  I've done a quick test here, and with a simple program the only
functions I see gdb making breakpoints on that aren't in the source
I gave belong to the crtbegin.o and crtend.o which are part of the
c compiler interface to the operating system
(/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.4/*.o).

  So just so we are on the same page, can you paste a small list of
which functions you were having problems with?

  If you could startup the debugger on something and run "info functions"
if you see more than about 20 functions in the 'Non-debugging symbols'
section which you didn't define could you paste them here.