2002 Sep 10 15:41

[vox-tech] gdb question: rbreak

hola,

when using the rbreak command, a regex like "f*" is useless because it
matches glibc stuff as well.  it sets something like 20 breakpoints.
instead, you need to specify the regex very carefully, for instance,
"^f.\{0,2\}$" for functions like f(), f1() and foo().

on debian/woody, about a year ago, backtraces included glibc functions
as well, which was a major bummer.  my understanding is that it was due
to the way gdb was built by the debian gdb maintainer.  thankfully, it
eventually got fixed.

i'm using debian sarge.  i'm wondering if gdb on other GNU/linux
distributions have the same behaviour of including glibc functions in
rbreak matches?

pete