2002 Sep 10 08:03

[vox-tech] WebMutt?!!?

Well, I start a new job this week.  And, annoyingly, this job is going
to send me traveling about 50% of the time.

What I would like to do, though, is keep my box at home running, and
checking my email.  The company is giving me a laptop computer so I can
conceivably log in via PuTTY (Yay PuTTY!!!) and use Mutt to check my
mail, but I'm interested in trying something new.

Does anyone know of a way that I can set up a web interface to my
mailbox so I can check my mail via the web while on the road?  I
currently use fetchmail/Sendmail to check my mail, then either Mutt
(remotely) or Evolution (locally) to check my mail.  Requirements for a
web interface would be that I could check my mail from the road, leave
mail in the spool if I wanted to read it by Evolution at home, delete
mail, and so on, without having to install any funky new servers and so
on (though I am willing to install IMAP if it really comes down to
that).

Fetchmail actually retrieves my mail from a remote POP3 server, which
lacks a web interface; the thing is, though, I don't want to have to
install any new software on my laptop...

Any suggestions?  I've looked on Freshmeat and Sourceforge, but I
haven't found anything that really looks right for my needs.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com