2002 Sep 05 13:07

Re: [vox-tech] latex help: fancyverb

found the answer.  turned out to be pretty simple.

first, i tried:

   \texttt{\char173}

and

   \char173

to produce a '{', the character gets ignored.  it doens't produce an
error (i'm surprised that \char173 isn't an error), but no '{' is
printed.

next, out of desperation, i tried:

   \texttt{\char'{}

and

   \char'{

but that produced errors.  i wasn't expecting them to work anyhow.
however,

   \{

does the trick.  that teaches me to try the harder solutions first!  ;)

pete

begin Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>