2002 Sep 05 12:00

[vox-tech] latex help: fancyverb

hi lugod,

i' have a fancyverb environment:

   \begin{Verbatim}[numbers=left,commandchars=\\\{\}]
      #include <stdio.h>
      void swap(int a, int b);

      int main(void)
      {
         int i = 4;
         int j = 6;

         print("i: %d, j: %d\n", i, j);
         swap(i, j);\label{flawedswap:break1}

         print("i: %d, j: %d\n", i, j);
         return 0;
      }

      void swap(int a, int b)
      {
         int c = a; \label{flawedswap:break2}
         a = b;
         b = c;
      }
   \end{Verbatim}

the commandchars option to Verbatim lets me use labels so i can make
reference to the line numbers defined within the environment.

unfortunately, it's also screwing up the output because of the { and }
used in functions.  in other words, { and } are being used in two
contexts: as text to be printed and as syntax for the \label command.

anyone know a solution to this problem?

pete