2002 Sep 05 13:17

[vox-tech] starting X on TV/S-Video output?

[vox-tech] starting X on TV/S-Video output?

Hello,

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a card that has X support
outputting to S-Video outputs?  I have an old ATI PC2TV card that has
S-Video output, but when I try to start X, I get a lot of garbage on the
TV.  I know there are cards such as Matrox G400 & G450 that have S-Video
outputs, but I'm not sure if X supports their S-Video output interface.

I found xawtv, but it's not clear from the documentation
(http://bytesex.org/xawtv/xfree4.html) that X will start on the S-Video
output (it could be that one starts X on a monitor then drive the S-Video
output from there or from console).  Has anyone played around with this?
I want everything to go through the S-Video output as if it was the
monitor.

Thanks,
FL