2002 Sep 05 22:41

Re: [vox-tech] can I limit autofs?

I don't think autofs allocates resources for serial boards; only file
systems.

I'm no expert here, but I think "autoclean" means the modules will be
unloaded automatically if they're no longer needed.  As for the "auto"
next to I/O addresses, the serial ports generally reside in those
addresses so they appear in the port listings, but Linux doesn't check
(can't check?) so they're allocated only when used... or so goes my
understanding.

To allocate resources for serial ports, use `setserial` on /dev/ttySN.

-Mark

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.