2002 Aug 28 09:50

Re: [vox-tech] running X with Intel 82810

Re: [vox-tech] running X with Intel 82810

Hello Robin,

Like Sam also stated you will have to go with a 2.4 kernel.  There are
pre-packaged binaries for kernel 2.4.18 for debian that you could use and not
have to compile a kernel yourself.

I would suggest going with the latest version of X4 which is 4.2 and you can
upgrade it on debian by adding the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://people.debian.org/~branden/sid/i386/

or

deb http://people.brainfood.com/~doogie/x4.2/mirror sid

Also, I would make sure you do not have X3.3.X installed and are using that.
Posting /var/log/XFree86.0.log could be helpful here.

Stephen