2002 Aug 26 14:12

[vox-tech] SANE scanning - w. Microtek Scanmaker X6USB

[vox-tech] SANE scanning - w. Microtek Scanmaker X6USB

< newbie >

Has anyone managed to get a USB scanner to work right using the SANE
interface?

I'm running Debian Woody, have a working Microtek X6, have USB and SCSI
compiled into my kernel (thanks installfest'ers) ... have pulled down the
recent SANE .debs (w) associated files ... have confirmed that there are
SCANNER, USB, and SCSI entries in my /dev/ directory ...

... I've tried various modprobe statements as suggested in the sane docs
(modprobe scanner, etc.) ... and the scanner DOES work, when I drop over to
the windows drive.

... but still, xsane says "No device available" when I try to run it & pull
a scan.

Where to start?  How do I keep from pulling hair out? -- As it is, I don't
have much to start with ...

thanks!

< / newbie >