2002 Aug 23 21:07

[vox-tech] username / password authentication with apache

[vox-tech] username / password authentication with apache

hola,

i have a group of pages meant for some motorcycle buddies of mine across
the country.

it has peoples' names, phone numbers and addresses so that if any of us
on a motorcycle trip find ourselves near another biker, we can have a
free place to crash along with a hot meal and shower.

i'd like to have the concept of "username" and "password" to protect
these pages from non-members, since it's not really cool to have
peoples' info out there for everyone to see.

how can i use username/passwords to enable "logins" to protect these
pages?

thanks!
pete