January 6: Social gathering
2002 Aug 23 15:46

Re: [vox-tech] lame-ass mozilla questions

Re: [vox-tech] lame-ass mozilla questions

On Friday 23 August 2002 03:09 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
[snip]
> apparently /home/p/.mozilla/p/sfyq5cev.slt/mimeTypes.rdf.  looks like
> some kind of xml file.
>
> i wonder if that config file pathname and filename is supposed to be a
> joke?

no, it's a security feature.

i think tabs are fairly recent.  note also that there are a number of
configurable behaviors for tabbed browsing.

as for speed, one thing you *may* be noticing is that the engine
renders nearly the entire page before displaying it.  in early versions
of mozilla, when it really was slow, i found this incredibly annoying
because i liked netscape's behavior of displaying the page as it
was received/processed.  i realized i had completely forgotten
about this until i was thinking about your comment.  opera does
not use the gecko engine, correct?  anyway, i find the display
performance of mozilla 1.x to be excellent, at least compared with
my experiences in IE.

shawn.