2002 Aug 18 23:01

Re: [vox-tech] OT: finding location of a break in in-wall telephone wiri

Re: [vox-tech] OT: finding location of a break in in-wall telephone wiring?

on Wed, Aug 14, 2002, Leo Rainer (lirainer@davisenergy.com) wrote:
> What you need is a time domain reflectometer - very handy for finding
> breaks. But even if you had access to one of these x$1000 devices it would
> still just tell you where the break was and you might not be able to get to
> it easily. Your best bet is to pull a new cable using the old stuff as the
> fish line.
>
> 	...leo

Leo, Karsten here.  Worked for y'all back in 1991-92.

I'm currently in Napa as a sysadmin.  How goes the old DEG?

Did an x-country roadtrip last summer, stopped by Snowmass to drop in on
Amory.  Despite the fact it was a Sunday, he graciously let me in after
I mentioned knowing Dick.

Peace.

   The golden rule of technical design:  complexity is the enemy.