2002 Aug 10 19:41

Re: [vox-tech] a vim question (and german)

Re: [vox-tech] a vim question (and german)

Depends.  If you want to use UTF-8 to type it,

   :set encoding=utf8
   i (for insert mode)
   Ctrl-V u <4-digit hex number>

The 4-digit hex number is unicode, I think.  You'll need to look up the
number.  The codes are available at unicode.org.

If this document is for a program like LaTeX, then you'd use the normal
backslash codes, like \"o for o with two dots on top, IIRC.

-Mark

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i have vim open in an xterm right this second, and want an umlat in my
> document.
>
> what should i type?
>
> pete
>
> --
> GPG Fingerprint: B9F1 6CF3 47C4 7CD8 D33E  70A9 A3B9 1945 67EA 951D

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.