2002 Aug 08 08:27

Re: [vox-tech] need printer advice badly

Marc Hasbrouck wrote:

> As far as the fuser unit, this is the part of a laser
> printer where the toner is heated and bonded to the
> paper. The HP 6 (4 & 5 series as well) may have all

You can safely omit the fuser for any laserprinter,
just be *very* careful with the output. :) If you've
ever had a copier barf up a page before fusing it,
you'll know what I mean.

BTW, the fuser is a hollow, teflon-coated steel roller
with a few hundred watt quartz heater, just like those
radiant heaters that were so popular in the 80's. The
warm up time for a printer is the time it takes to get
the fuser roller hot enough to melt the toner.

--
Is this the right hammer for this screw?