2002 Aug 02 11:35

Re: [vox-tech] Partitioning scheme

Quoting Ehrhart, Jay (ehrhart@ycoe.org):

> Striping the swap file will improve performance since it is writing to
> multiple disks at the same time.

You may already know this, but the Linux swapper process already has
inherently within it the ability to split swap activity between
drive spindles.  Therefore, I strongly doubt there's any point in
striping / spanning one's swap partitions.

--
This message falsely claims to have been scanned for viruses with F-Secure
Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange and to have been found clean.