2002 Aug 01 20:59

[vox-tech] simple X86 question

I am still a newby so please excuse me as I attempt the learning curve.

I am running mandrake 8.1 , and for the life of me I can't figure out how to
exit from the X server. Of course I can shutdown, reboot or logout, but I
can't shutdown only the x server so that I have a straight command line.

Here's the catch....hopefully you'all know the easy answer and it is a
mandrake related issue....but the boot image I am actually running is a
RT-Linux 3.1 image that has patched a Linuz 2.4.4 kernel. I need to exit the
X server in order to run certain test programs in the real time kernel.

Hopefully it is a simple mandrake procedure.

Thanks in advance!
Andy