2002 Jul 31 18:27

Re: [vox-tech] just learned something about gdb

Re: [vox-tech] just learned something about gdb

i put up a screenshot if anyone is interested:

http://www.dirac.org/gdb-tui.jpg

the "*" represent breakpoints and ">" shows which line is about to be
executed next.  the main bar shows info about the current stack frame.

please excuse the indentation -- i must have screwed up on
noexpandtab/retab.

pete

begin Matt Holland <mdholland@ucdavis.edu>
> RH 7.1.  I'll have to see if there's a more recent version of gdb for
> RH.  Sounds like it could be a very cool thing, though.
>
> Matt
>
> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >in gdb --version "GNU gdb 2002-04-01-cvs", the -tui option gives an
> >ncurses interface, similar to ddd.  but better.  it's simple, clean and
> >works on a nice big console.
> >
> >this is the gdb that's packaged with sarge.  which linux distro are you
> >running?
> >
> >this is _totally_ cool.
> >
> >pet
> >
> >begin Matt Holland <mdholland@ucdavis.edu>
> >
> >>[holland@six src]$ gdb -tui mycode.c
> >>gdb: unrecognized option `-tui'
> >>Use `gdb --help' for a complete list of options.
> >>
> >>Huh?
> >>
> >>Matt

Please don't put my email address in your Outlook addressbook.