January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jul 30 00:10

[vox-tech] bootable partition question

my understanding is that a bootable partition is used when the MBR
doesn't contain a boot strap program -- BIOS loads in a bootstrapper
from the beginning of a bootable partition.

if this is right, what use does a bootable partition serve if lilo
resides in the MBR (as with the majority of linux systems)?

if that isn't correct, what does the bootable flag mean on a partition?

pete

--
Please don't put my email address in your Outlook addressbook.