2002 Jul 29 19:42

Re: [vox-tech] local perl training?

Dunno about classes, but there are some easy tutorials at
http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node=Tutorials.

What I did was get Programming Perl (the "Camel Book") and
read it in my spare time for a few weeks, doing the
occasional sample program.  This is a much more entertaining
book than you might expect -- very well written.

Then I looked over Perl programs that others had written,
and was pretty much off to a running start from there.  Of
course it helped a lot that I was already proficient in a
few other languages.

Given all the academia running around Davis, perhaps you
could hire someone to teach a private class, including
reading assignments and exercises.  I bet someone around
here would love to make a couple thousand bucks doing that,
while saving you a bunch also.

Cheers,

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/