2002 Jul 27 10:13

Re: [vox-tech] first shot with parted

> when i first installed debian, i was still kind of new-ish to the
> partitioning thing and made /var much too small:

That's when having an LNX-BBC disk, ssh, and rsync handy -- along
with another nearby host for in-transit file storage -- come in
handy.  That lets you copy filesystems over to the other host,
blow away the old filesystems, make new ones of the desired size,
and then rsync the files back.

Works for me<tm>.  For most filesystems, you don't even need the
LNX-BBC.

--
Cheers,                              "Azathoth need not be present to win."
Rick Moen                                       -- Charles O. Baucum, Jr.