2002 Jul 26 21:41

[vox-tech] objective C

hola,

i started looking at objective C.  to my eyes, the grammar is worlds
simpler than C++.  as far as i can tell, it adds only 1 piece of syntax
to the C language -- passing a message to an object

   [Object doSomethingWith: anotherObject];

all the other OO enhancements are simply more keywords.  so the syntax
is pretty much the same as C.  people who use it say that objective C is
a proper superset of C (as opposed to C++).

has anyone here used objective C?  it looks really interesting.

pete