2002 Jul 26 14:17

Re: [vox-tech] debian package upgrade dates

Re: [vox-tech] debian package upgrade dates

> is there a way to find out when a package on your system was last
> upgraded?  i mean, the date that the package was installed on your
> system?

That information is not recorded in the package database, if that's what
you're asking.  You can see for yourself, in /var/lib/dpkg/status
(which constitutes the package database).

Of course, the answer to "Can foo be done?" in Unix is usually "yes".  ;->

> if not, is there a way to find out when a package on your system found
> its way into the testing pool?

One way to investigate this question is to read the Jules Bean's Testing
FAQ, http://people.debian.org/~jules/testingfaq.html .  It seems likely
that the Testing branch scripts' nightly output is on file and can be
read and/or parsed.  However, it seems as if the (FAQ-hyperlinked) host
ftp-master.debian.org is unreachable at the moment.

--
"Is it not the beauty of an asynchronous form of discussion that one can go and
make cups of tea, floss the cat, fluff the geraniums, open the kitchen window