2002 Jul 26 04:03

Re: [vox-tech] video garbage

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> are you talking about misreading "gpm" for "gdm" or are you talking
> about not looking at your logs as a first line of attack?   ;-)

Ya, I misread it.
Don't you know that the mouse port, in reality, piggybacks onto AGP? ;)

> gabe, did you notice the unresolved symbols in your log?  related to
> your GL system.   i'm guessing that's the problem.  in fact, i'm
> guessing the "splash screen" you see makes use of GL functions.  your
> rendering engine goes to grab whatever functions are used to render the
> splash screen, and isn't finding them.

Ya, i noticed the errors, but didn't think much of them.

> that's why you see the splash screen and then "nothing".
>
> this will learn ya to install windows!   :-)

I feel dirty.

> seriously, something had to have changed.  you had to have installed
> something.  perhaps delete something?

I (dselect update && apt-get upgrad)'ed today (woody). Although, it was
obviously a windows goofup.

More investigation is needed. Thanks for the input.

-Gabe