2002 Jul 23 10:45

Re: [vox-tech] can YOU be certified?!?

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 10:10:25PM -0700, Ryan wrote:

> On Sunday 21 July 2002 05:33 pm, Troy Arnold wrote:
> > By default in qmail, user-foo@domain goes to user.  I usually run qmail on
> > my servers, but have been playing with postfix on a development box.  I
> > personally prefer qmail at the moment, but that may certainly be due to
> > familiarity.  postfix is definitely more sendmailish.  qmail, (like most
> > djb-ware) has it's own peculiar way of doing things.
>
> Do you know if that can be changed? I'd rather use an underscore. (If i had
> it installed, I'd look through the config file, and I didn't see anything in
> skimming tha FAQ)

Yeah, that can be done, but it involves a couple of steps:

The optional file '/var/qmail/users/assign' maps addresses to users, so
you'd basically need lines in there similiar to:
+ryan_:ryan:uid:gid:/home/ryan:_:

Fortunately, qmail ships with a tool qmail-pw2u that will loop through your
password files and create (according to rules you define) entries suitable
for the assign file.

If it sounds like something you'd want to investigate, I'd check out the man
pages for qmail-pw2u and qmail-users.  qmail man pages are all over the
web.

hth
-troy