2002 Jul 21 12:40

Re: [vox-tech] can YOU be certified?!?

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> the exam answer:
> ================
> the exam answer: choice c
>
> the rationale:
>
>    Finding the right amount of space for your swap partition can be a
>    trial-and-error process.  For example, if you hear your hard drive
>    churning because of constant data transfer between your RAM and hard
>    drive, that is a sign you need more swap space.
>
> i will *not* comment on this further, simply because we all know this is
> clearly wrong.

Too bad they did not include the other mentioned items in te above
paragraph as "observations". Their "c" is presently, "hey, my disk is
churning and making a steady noise. Time to add swap!" To quote "Kuni"
from Weird All Yankovic's UHF, "Soooooo Sttuuuuupid!" :-)

This is a bad Question, but so far not as bad as Qs from the MS Cert
exams. I seem to recall one MS cert Q asking about solutions for mail
service  *requiring* the user to choose "the best soltution for this would
be installation of MS Exchange."

-ME